Wednesday 11 February 2015

Shaz and the blog as a tool :)




Having a blog has been a wonderful art tool for me. It's made me more disciplined in taking photos of paintings, during their progress as well as when finished. It's also made it easier for me to 'see'. We all have ways to trick our eyes into being 'fresh' when we are painting, using a mirror, turning it upside down, putting it somewhere you aren't expecting to see it, turning your back on it, walking away and turning quickly back round, putting it out of sight for a few days and so on. But I have begun to realize lately (probably everyone else already uses this but I am slow when it comes to tech stuff) when I post photos for my blog I get a whole new way of looking at things. This one for instance is bothering me and it wasn't until I scrolled through the photos and got to the third one, that all of a sudden I could see one of the problems...Shaz's chest and shoulder, is totally wrong...and it's make her neck look too short! Also the edge on the back of her neck is too hard and her neck is totally straight up and down, instead of the graceful curve that I intended. OK so there is many other issues with this one so far, but I am still in the resolving stage, at least this gives me a starting point :)Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment