Wednesday 6 February 2019

Sunset Theatre

'Sunset Theatre'






This is the first biggish painting from the new studio (1.2m x 1m). I made a pact with myself this year to use all my old canvases and boards before I buy any new ones (I've already slipped up on that once). I've had this canvas for about 2 years with a background on that just didn't inspire. I actually really enjoyed working this one as there was no reason to be precious as it was already rubbish! I'm really happy with the result, now I'm keen to go back to the naughty pile and see what else I can do :)

2 comments:

  1. Great idea to just paint over old paintings. The texture will be wonderful.
    I love the painting and thanks for the closeups
    All the patterns in the surroundings work great next to the birds. So happy to see you posting again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Julie! Its been a weird couple of years with many changes, but life is good both with the ups and downs :). So good to hear from you too my old friend x

      Delete