Wednesday 10 September 2014

Mippidi Creek

'Sidekick'
1m x 70cm colourfix sandpaper

Another in my outback dog series - Mippidi is a combination of the first parts of each of my three dogs names. In sheep and cattle farming areas of Australia you can find these huge stations (ranches) and many have strange names - some come from local Aboriginal names, some are combined family names...for those who wonder what the bag in the background is, this is a wool bale. These are stamped with the name of the sheep station, the shearer's initials, a silouette of Australia and the type and class of wool, in this case it is AAA class with the M standing for Merino. All my previous paintings in this series have been sold so I thought maybe I need one for my front room - having said that, this one is going to be for sale at my upcoming pastel only exhibition shared with 7 other lovely artists) beginning on Monday and running for a week. Thanks everyone for looking :) cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment