Monday 16 June 2014

Up and at it

'Grays Anatomy'
910mm x 910mm




This is another in the 'Grays Anatomy' vein (pun intended haha) All the usual ingredients - collage, metal leaf, metallic enamel, ink etc. I am really having a great time rediscovering mixed media, but I feel the pastels calling from the other side of the studio too :0 It makes me curious about other artists and if they are torn between mediums or styles, I would love to hear other artists opinions on it! When I look at the my blog list, I realise how many different genres of art I find interesting, I love it all - printmaking, pastels, ceramics, sculpture, drawing - I think its sad that galleries are closing hand over fist these days because people would rather drive a fancy car or buy a posh lounge chair rather than invest in a piece of art.  At the end of the day, we will still continue to paint and draw and sculpt and sew! And I will continue to admire it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment