Friday, 10 January 2014

Day 11

"7 MORE Little Frogmouths"
30cm x 60cm soft pastel on archival matboard

Sooo hot today, the mercury is set to reach 44 degrees C (111.2 Farenheit)! I am staying inside in the aironditioning, using my table easel, watching the telly and painting!

This is another repeat of a previous piece I did for youtube. I have done a few of these now as they are quite popular, sometimes three birds sometimes seven. Every one turns out quite different, different chicks are sleeping or squawking and I use a varied palette each time...they are really only intended to make you smile, they are not accurate wildlife depictions, just silliness really and fun to paint :) However, seeing is believing, so here is a picture of a real Tawny Frogmouth chick - you must agree, they are pretty weird (and cute). I hope they made you smile :)