Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Day 9

"Going Nuts"
15cm x 15cm Oil on Canvas paper
Real Honkey Nuts
For anyone who is familiar with Australian trees they will recognise these little blighters. Anyone who has been bushwalking here or has one of these trees in their garden will have been hit in the head, had them shower down on their car or slipped on them! Redgums and Marri trees to name a couple, can drop hundreds of these things a day, pretty much year round. Don't ask me where the name comes from, no one knows :) I chose these because they are a simple shape and nice colour and I wanted to try out Julie Ford Oliver's Fracturing technique. Wow it is tricky, but a lot of fun! I definately didn't do it justice but if you want to see a master at this style check out her blog. I don't know how you do it Julie, but thankyou for sharing it with us :)