Sunday 19 October 2014

And then...





My apologies for anyone following the progress of this piece...I have been rampantly busy the last few days...I won't bore you with the details :) Anyway, I have moved it to my big studio easel, this is definitely the best thing I have ever purchased (artwise)...as you can see it lays flat as well as sitting upright and it takes quite large canvases easily. I have been working on the wings which are in the violet zones, and started the tail feathers, which are in the Orange/Red zone. I have been starting with a layer of collage paper, then adding opaque acrylic paint with a small brush, trying to find shapes within shapes (this part can be quite time consuming but soothingly mindless), then dropping inks, spraying with water and then I have been collaging old shredded paintings from long ago as wing feathers. These work quite well as they are easy to fray and they already have interesting colours and abstract shapes on them. I have also added some scrim randomly. Oh yeah and during the week this awesome silk waste arrived, the colours are incredible but I am having trouble trying to work out a good method of attaching it without it darkening - Impasto medium seems the best so far but even then as soon as the fibres get wet they darken a lot...this might be a good medium for works that are framed behind glass so the colours can be appreciated. Anyway, back to work, I only have 3 more days to finish this! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment