Monday 20 October 2014

And then...(approaching the finish line)




So now I have added a bit of texture to red zone and painted in some tail feathers utilising some of the collage paper in the background. If you were wondering what I meant by 'finding shapes within shapes' yesterday let me try to explain. In the second last photo you will notice the blue/violet areas. I 'found' these shapes with paint, in between the larger shapes of collage, texture etc. I paint these in the same way I would paint any shape - dark tones through to light tones - trying to 'sculpt' interesting passages through the negative areas of the piece.This is a technique I kind of worked out while using pastels and have adapted it to acrylics. I think one more day on this will see it done...fingers crossed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment