Wednesday 22 October 2014

Phew last minute again!









Hello! Yay just finished varnishing...now to drop off first thing in the morning, I always think I will have stuff finished in time and I always overcommit...I just subscribe to the thought 'bite off more than you can chew and chew like mad'. Anyway, here are a few close-ups of the finished piece, I was pretty lucky with this one...the main problem I had was time. It didn'ot help that my other half pointed out the neck on the Cockatoo was way to long at the last minute, (to be honest I thought it was too, but I was hoping no-one else noticed) so I needed to adjust that and then I decided to make some fake rust panels to go around the edges - that was actually a lot of fun! Of course then I had to make them wrap around the sides - that was less fun...so, apart from the tweaking it will probably get once the exhibition is finished - this is 'Habittatered 2'. Thanks everyone for all the lovely +1's along the way...I have really enjoyed knowing you were all following along :) Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment