Wednesday 13 March 2013

Ebay Treasure




Ever since I started using pastels I have drooled over other artists beautiful fold up palettes and studio boxes but I could never decide on one set up. Also no-one ever sells them second hand and the new ones are pricey. I wanted something portable but easy to use in the studio too. Whilst looking on ebay  recently for something completely unrelated, I stumbled onto this little treasure. Now I don't know how I ever did without it! I am not really a plein air painter but I do get around with my pastels quite a lot. Exhibitions, demos etc and this has been perfect. It also fits in all my little tools, pencils erasers, gloves, brushes etc. The only downside is its a tad on the heavy side when full but it is worth it. This cool little sewing box is over fifty years old but in great condition, what I really love about it is its quirky!

No comments:

Post a Comment