Wednesday 27 March 2013

Hmmmmm not sure really...

This is the current piece I am working on, a house portrait. Its 70cm x 50cm on terracotta Colourfix sandpaper. As you can see its a bit all over the place at the moment...I have left out the Lillipilli tree on the left deliberately as an opportunity to demonstrate my method for painting green foliage. To begin with this was one of those rare pieces that just seems to paint itself but as I got more involved in the painting, as it does, it became more precious to me and when some little problems arose I found it hard to fix them, so hard I haven't tackled them yet!The pots at the front of the house have turned out slightly different and I am having a hard time with the perspective of the hedge, it should be smaller on the right as it moves away but when I painted it like that it just looked wrong, so it looks like this one will be on the easel a bit longer. Not too long I hope, I am already thinking of the next one :). Will post an update when its resolved...to be continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment