Sunday 24 March 2013

Inspiration

Sometimes I walk outside my front door and I feel like I am surely the luckiest person alive. We live in such a busy, crowded world now, for our family to have our little slice of nature feels like such a luxury no matter how humble it is. This is my inspiration when I paint the landscape. When I have been out on the crowded roads and the busy shops and I come home to our little sanctuary it is such a relief and I just want grab it with both hands and capture that feeling on paper so its there on record. In the morning, before everyone is awake and going off to where ever it is they go during the day all you can hear is birds waking up and everything seems promising for a perfect day (it doesn't always turn out that way :)). So with that in mind I thought I would post some photos of our property and some of the surrounding walk trails...feel free to use them as references in your own art :) The one at the very bottom reminds me of an Elizabeth Mowry painting...






No comments:

Post a Comment