So this piece was a real challenge :)...I had this idea in my mind of what this painting should look like but it just wasn't happening. Its a large piece, 700mm square and I had already messed with the paper a lot, alcohol underpainting brushing parts off etc. It was on and off the easel for weeks and even ended up in a frame briefly! I called it finished but every time I looked at it it bothered me. For the most part I liked it but something was missing so out of the frame it came and back on the easel. I took a photo of it before I worked on it again and when I looked at the photo it became glaringly obvious why I didn't like it. All I changed was to add a few more lines under the leaves to separate them from their reflections and, using a technique I read onBarbara Benedetti Newton's blog, (one of my favourite artists) I sprinkled some dust across the lower right portion. For some reason it just lifted it out of the boring zone and added some sparkle to the piece. I have posted some detail shots and the finished piece below. It has now been put in for a juried show so wish me luck :)!