Monday 11 March 2013

I LOVE Colour !!

I don't know how many people will read this blog, if any, but if you do follow me there is something you will find out very quickly...I am a colour junkie! For instance, recently I painted a rhino. Now rhinos are grey right? hmmm, not this one. It was a great exercise in learning to make grey from compliments, that is layering colours that are opposite on the colour wheel. I used red and green, violet and orange, blue and yellow, to make lively interesting greys. Admittedly I did end up using some real grey over parts of it to tone it down. This piece was painted on black colourfix paper using mount vision pastels. As you can see this piece is called Laugh Lines :)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful color Leesa, looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for looking Barbara, I am a huge fan of your work :-D

      Delete
    2. Hi Barbara, I am not sure if you received my reply a month ago when you commented on my blog as I am so new at this, if so then just ignore my mumblings, but I really wanted to let you know how excited I was to see your comment, and if you hadn't worked it out, I am such a huge fan of your work :)

      Delete