Sunday 17 March 2013

Evening Firebreak

Recently I rediscovered some old photos on my computer (I have the worst filing system EVER). They are progress shots of the first painting I did in what has become an ever increasing series of paintings depicting the firebreak that is plowed around our property each summer. The subject sounds boring but it is the simplicity of the composition that keeps bringing me back to this subject. I have also taken some good shots on the camera and I am nobody's photographer! There is somthing special about the play of light across the sandy break, changing throughout the day and the tall golden grasses I just find  irresistible. Anyhoo I thought I would post them here. As I look at these I realise how much my method has changed over the last couple of years. The underpainting is thinned, water soluble oils and before you ask, I have no idea why I left the actual firebreak unpainted!





2 comments:

  1. New to your blog and really enjoying your work!

    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou John for your kind comment, it is always nice to hear that people are looking :) I love reading other peoples blogs and its nice to know people are enjoying mine too! Leesa

      Delete